Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 25, 2011

Living Black Friday in Style: Holiday Handmade Gift Ideas


After the bliss of a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, I just couldn't bring myself to want to chase after any Black Friday bargains. It use to be that shopping was such a joy, but I find it is so hectic dealing with the mundane aspects of shopping. Things like parking, long lines, and cranky people.  My mom phoned to tell me that people were camped outside shopping malls to get deals! Literally, those people can't be happy campers. What happens when you're like me on Black Friday? You start to make plans to give gifts from the heart. I'll admit being a new mom factors into the difficulty of enjoying shopping, but I'm looking forward to taking a chance and giving something homemade. To start with these tags might just help anyone giving homemade gifts...




Pinned Image
{free tag labels here}


Idea No. 1: Give the gift of photos.

So many times, a picture is taken, but it isn't shared except on Facebook. Why not take the time to print something out and frame it? Think big! Why not? 

Pinned Image


Idea No. 2: Make some art! 

It doesn't have to be about real skill, but about concept. Dabble a few colors together, scan it into your computer and add a favorite quote.

Pinned Image

Idea No. 3: Make a Playlist

My last bit of advice is to make a playlist. Music really goes far! 

Pinned Image


At the end of the day, you'll not only avoid the headache of holiday shopping but you'll feel quite accomplished! And you'll have time to finally spend with the dog!


Pinned Image






{images 1. Illustration 2. Tags 3. Photo Idea 4. Make Some Art.  5. Dog Nap}


No comments: