Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 13, 2011

Manhattan Beach Memories: Bathrooms fit for the Beach

{image source: First House on the Right}
My mom has been in town and we've been shopping like demons across the GTA area. We've been focused on the nursery, strollers, and clothes. So much in my life is in transition! I woke up this morning and spent an hour doing yoga. I really feel like I'm connecting with my Cali roots! Since I'm not going to be in Cali until after the baby is born, I have been lusting for anything ocean. An outdoor shower or an indoor spa retreat, I wanted to share highlight some regatta-colored and ocean themed inspiration rooms. 

{image: Coastal Living}
Simplicity connects immediately to beach homes. Who's got time to get fussy when all need to do is grab a towel and a favorite book and hit the beach? In my childhood, nothing was sweeter than a day spent at the beach and the rewarding shower that came afterward. I was always in the ocean and catching waves. I can recall vividly all those hot spring days and summer afternoons, standing the shower watching sand and salt drift out my hair. I love the next bathroom because the atmosphere is conductive to meditative showers.

{image source: First House on the Right}
Manhattan Beach was one of my favorite places to hang. The homes weave back and forth from Hollywood executive $5M and up homes to old beach bunglows. What do you prefer? Modern Manhattan or...

{image Source}
A beautiful beach bunglow? Each home has their perks, but this beach bungalow steals my heart.

{Image via Candace Rose}
Now, my mom, god bless her, just realized that I was sneaking a post in today. She has just demanded that I do this later so we can head off on today's shopping adventure. I just wish we were in SoCal to hit even more amazing shops.

{image: Manhattan Beach}




No comments: