Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Road to Plan B Explodes

The Secret Garden located inside Plaza Athénée (Paris 8th)
Although my current novel is set in Paris, I have been geographically bound by the limitations of life. At the moment, I'm sick, which leaves me faint of motivation and heart to finish the last 70 pages of my book. But I am almost there and in the last few months I've managed to write well over a hundred pages. The sweet excitement that I have been getting is that the novel feels as if it is getting better with each page I write. I know that this might be a fool-hearted interpretation, but its better to lift your chin up than to grovel.  
Architecture by Michael Maltzan and Landscape Designs by Nancy Goslee Power
My deepest heart desire is to be a publishing author that brings entertainment to tons of readers. I love a good thriller because it can bring about an emotional justice that can be difficult to get in real life. We all know about the state of judicial practice without my heavy meditations on it, and that would just be boring anyhow. The funny thing is I have never really trusted my deep heart calling. I have always put a Plan B into effect it and strange as this might sound...it always falls apart. And things just fell apart for my last Friday, when a company I was working at tried to force me into signing a contract for less money and more work, or else take a hike. I took a hike, left the job, and found myself completely sick as a result of taking that leap of faith. The journey of life can get pretty stark at times, much like the above architecture, with forcing about hard decisions in difficult times. 

image source
As Julie wrote in The Julie and Julia Project, when you find your rabbit hole, you've got to take it. Life has presented me with the sweetest opportunity to finish my novel and make something of it. So what if I can't buy a new Coach handbag, sniff, or wake up in dream house in the sunny skies of my hometown, California. Less is more. Make a palace in your own home and besides I've got a rabbit hole to chase down! 
image source
I promise to keep you updated on the adventure! Now what about you? What rabbit holes have you been chasing down?


2 comments:

orangedeuce said...

What a wonderful adventure! I believe that everything happens for a reason and at the most opportune time.

The Road Not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

Unknown said...

You are truly wonderful! Thanks so much for getting me inspired to kick some ass and write. XOXO!