Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Days of Mystery

Anthropologie Everything in it's Place Cape
Twas the passing of Halloween that struck my newest fancy with things that pay homage to Sherlock Holmes? 



I dare not say or keep up this phony Victorian accent. I mean seriously. I'm hooked on capes and maps and glass magnifiers. You catch this style drift? I'm seeing it reflected on the street too. I'll dare catch a photo of some perp sporting the style. Darn! I just dropped bogus Victorian on you again! I think it's time to get to the root of my crazy for capes.

 Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Chanel Fall 2010 via Style.com
It seems if you had the chance to view the Fall 2010 Chanel show or the Chanel 2010 Resort Collection, you might have picked up on that cape adoration.

 Resort 2010
Chanel Resort Collection 2010 via Style.com
Chanel has always known how to remake a classic frock, like the cape, and invent with modern sexiness. The cape shows up in the Chanel Spring Couture Collection 2010 as well. It's not so obvious that its a cape, it's just stunning.

 Spring 2010 Couture
Chanel Spring Couture 2010 via Style.com
Another version of the cape by Chanel. It looks like the model is wrapped inside a flower. So fresh for spring. I adore the shade of lipstick that the model is wearing as well.

 Spring 2010 Couture

Moving away from the lavish imagination of Chanel couture catwalks and back to the cold mean streets. I'd chose to rock the cape on a daily basis with a Balenciaga overcoat. It's tweed and sexy. It's masculine and feminine. I'd get into all kinds of trouble with this jacket.

Image Source
I'd grab a pair of DKNY wedge boots like these...




and add some textured tights from Nordstrom's.

Frenchi Ribbed Tights

Fashion is the intersection of imagination and reality. So let's play some more...pretend we're detectives and wonder what it would feel like inside Sherlock Holmes house. Drawing by Russell Stutler.




2 comments:

CINCHED AT THE WAIST said...

brilliant finds!
I've been flirting w the idea of purchasing a cape coat like Sherlock's they're so cute this season!

a blonde and a brunette said...

Ann Taylor Loft has a great tweed cape!! So cute and warm!